Undergraduate Academic Advising
Advising Week Sign-Ups Heading link
**Note: The links you need to sign up for a time slot with your academic advisor are located in the second expandable section.
Advising Procedures Heading link
- Faculty will conduct their advising appointments from March 14 – 18
- Students will receive instructions from Eduardo Martinez (email@example.com) with details on how they will conduct their advising appointments. Students who do not receive an e-mail by March 6, 2022, should e-mail their advisor (find your advisor on this list if needed).
- Achinivu – https://signup.com/go/hLOUrXO
- Berry – https://signup.com/go/YnrThFN
- Bilgin – https://signup.com/go/sAbwMKU
- Chaplin – https://signup.com/go/ZxZAAwj
- Cheng – https://signup.com/go/CXFQtSg
- Kim – https://signup.com/go/pqHwCms
- Liu – https://signup.com/go/WqgxeCm
- Mehraeen – https://signup.com/go/hguLydn
- Ngo – https://signup.com/go/TELTZnf
- Sharma – https://signup.com/go/fdiFdRP
- Singh – https://signup.com/go/rgqWuJM
- Wedgewood – https://signup.com/go/ZAHztER
- Zdunek – https://signup.com/go/nwhJHeg
Print the appropriate curriculum flowchart from the Student Resources page.
Cross off any courses you have taken and bring this copy with you to your advisor meeting.
Visit the Courses page to see which classes are being offered next semester by the chemical engineering department.
Plan your schedule ahead of your advising session through the “Plan Ahead” tool:
- Go to: https://my.uic.edu/
- Sign in with your NetID
- On the welcome page, click “XE Registration”
- Click the “Plan Ahead” tool
- Save a New Plan
- From here, you can add/drop courses into your schedule to make sure there are no time conflicts.
- Note: this tool is just a planner and does not sign you up for courses. You still need to sign up once registration opens.
When advisor evaluations are conducted online, you will receive a link by e-mail to complete the online advisor evaluation survey approximately 24 hours after you have submitted your faculty advising form. The survey takes less than one minute, and submissions are kept anonymous. A completed faculty advising form and advisor evaluation survey are required in order for your advising hold to be removed. Students who are intending to transfer into a different program must still meet with their chemical engineering advisor and complete an advising form. There will be no exceptions.