Undergraduate Academic Advising
Advising Week Sign-Ups
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the UIC campus guidelines for social distancing, undergraduate advising will be conducted remotely for the spring 2021 semester. Please read the procedures below for up-to-date instructions.
**Note: The links you need to sign up for a time slot with your academic advisor are located in the second expandable section.
Due to current health concerns, faculty will conduct their advising appointments remotely from March 15 to 19, 2021.
Students will receive instructions from Eduardo Martinez (email@example.com) with details on how they will conduct their advising appointments. Students who do not receive an e-mail by March 8, 2021, should e-mail their advisor (find your advisor on this list if needed).
Most faculty will conduct advising appointments through Zoom meetings. Zoom links will be included in the information that students receive from Eduardo Martinez.
Paper faculty advising forms will not be required. Faculty advisors will complete a form on student’s behalf that will list the courses agreed upon during the appointment. If you want a copy of the completed form and do not receive it from your advisor, email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a copy.
Advising evaluation surveys will be conducted online and are mandatory (see the section of this webpage about online evaluations). The survey link will be e-mailed to students approximately one business day after the advising appointment. The results are anonymous, but completion is recorded.
- Berry – https://signup.com/go/YnrThFN
- Bilgin – https://signup.com/go/sAbwMKU
- Chaplin – https://signup.com/go/ZxZAAwj
- Cheng – https://signup.com/go/CXFQtSg
- Kim – https://signup.com/go/pqHwCms
- Liu – https://signup.com/go/WqgxeCm
- Mehraeen – https://signup.com/go/hguLydn
- Ngo – https://signup.com/go/TELTZnf
- Sharma – https://signup.com/go/fdiFdRP
- Singh – https://signup.com/go/rgqWuJM
- Wedgewood – https://signup.com/go/ZAHztER
- Zdunek – https://signup.com/go/nwhJHeg
Print the appropriate curriculum flowchart from the Student Resources page.
Cross off any courses you have taken and bring this copy with you to your advisor meeting.
Visit the Courses page to see which classes are being offered next semester by the chemical engineering department.
Plan your schedule ahead of your advising session through the “Plan Ahead” tool:
- Go to: https://my.uic.edu/
- Sign in with your NetID
- On the welcome page, click “XE Registration”
- Click the “Plan Ahead” tool
- Save a New Plan
- From here, you can add/drop courses into your schedule to make sure there are no time conflicts.
- Note: this tool is just a planner and does not sign you up for courses. You still need to sign up once registration opens.
When advisor evaluations are conducted online, you will receive a link by e-mail to complete the online advisor evaluation survey approximately 24 hours after you have submitted your faculty advising form. The survey takes less than one minute, and submissions are kept anonymous. A completed faculty advising form and advisor evaluation survey are required in order for your advising hold to be removed. Students who are intending to transfer into a different program must still meet with their chemical engineering advisor and complete an advising form. There will be no exceptions.