UIC – Department of Chemical Engineering, 810 S. Clinton, Chicago, IL 60607
Office: 205 CEB
Ph.D., University of Wisconsin, 1964
Characterization and the behavior of particulate systems
Structure, stability, rheology and the flow in straight pipe and through pipeline transitions of colloidal and noncolloidal suspensions
- Turian, R. M., Ma, T.-W., Hsu, F.-L., and Sung, D.-J., “Characterization, settling and rheology of concentrated fine particulate mineral slurries.”, Powder Technology, 93, 219-233 (1997). Turian, R. M., Ma, T.-W., Hsu, F.-L., and Sung, D.-J., “Flow of Concentrated non-Newtonian Slurries: 1. Friction losses in laminar, turbulent and transition flow in straight pipe.”, International Journal of Multiphase Flow, 24, 225-241 (1998). Turian, R. M., Ma, T.-W., Hsu, F.-L., Sung, D.-J. and G. W. Plackmann, “Flow of Concentrated non-Newtonian Slurries: 2. Friction losses for flow in bends, fittings, valves and Venturi meters.”, International Journal of Multiphase Flow, 24, 243-269 (1998). Sung, D.J. and Turian, R.M.,“Chemically-Enhanced Filtration and Dewatering of Narrow-Sized Coal Particles”, Separations Technology, 4, 130- 143 (1994).
- Turian, R.M., “The Quest for Excellence in Teaching.”, Chemical Engineering Education, 27 (4), 182-183 (1993).
- Turian, R.M. Fakhreddine, M.K. Avramidis, K.S. and Sung, D.-J., “Yield Stress of Coal-Water Mixtures”, FUEL, 72, 1305-1315 (1992).
- Turian, R.M., Hsu, F.L., Avramidis, K.S., Sung, D.-J. and Allendorfer, R.K., ,“Settling and Rheology of Suspensions of Narrow-Sized Coal Particles”, AICHEJ, 38, 969-987 (1992).
- Turian, R.M., Sung, D.J. and HSU, F.L., “Thermal Conductivity of Granular Coals, Coal-Water Mixtures and Multi-Solid/Liquid Suspensions”, FUEL, 70, 1157-1172 (1991).
- Avramidis, K.S. AND Turian, R.M., “Yield Stress of Laterite Suspension,” J.Colloid Interf. Sci. 143, 54-68 (1991).