Postdoctoral Fellow (2013 – 2016) – Joint Center for Artificial Photosynthesis, UC Berkeley and Lawrence Berkeley National Lab.
PhD (2009 – 2013) – Purdue University
M.Tech (2006 – 2008) – Indian Institute of Technology Bombay
B.E (2001 – 2005) – Sardar Patel University
Carbon Capture and Sequestration
CHE 445: Mathematical Methods in Chemical Engineering
ACS I&EC Division Graduate Student Award- Finalist
Eastman Travel Grant
Shreve Travel Award
Best Oral Presentation in 19th Annual ChemE Graduate Research Symposium
- Chengxiang Xiang, Adam Z. Weber, Shane Ardo, Alan D. Berger, YiKai Chen, Robert Coridan, Katherine T. Fountaine, Sophia Haussener, Shu Hu, Rui Liu, Nathan S. Lewis, Miguel A. Modestino, Matthew M. Shaner, Meenesh R. Singh, John C. Stevens, Ke Sun, Karl Walczak, “Modeling, Simulation and Implementation of Solar-Driven Water-Splitting Devices,” Angewandte Chemie International Edition, DOI: 10.1002/anie.20151046, 2016. (Invited Review)
- Harri Ali-Loytty, Mary W. Louie, Meenesh R. Singh, Lin Li, Hernan G. Sanchez Casalongue, Hirohito Ogasawara, Ethan J. Crumlin, Zhi Liu, Alexis T. Bell, Anders Nilsson, and Daniel Friebel, “Ambient-Pressure XPS Study of a Ni-Fe Electrocatalyst for the Oxygen Evolution Reaction,” The Journal of Physical Chemistry C, 120 (4), 2247-2253, 2016.
- Meenesh R. Singh, and Alexis T. Bell, “Design of an Artificial Photosynthetic System for Production of Alcohols in High Concentration from CO2,” Energy & Environmental Science, 9, 193-199, 2016.
- Meenesh R. Singh, Ezra L. Clark, and Alexis T. Bell, “Thermodynamic and Achievable Efficiencies for Solar-Driven Electrochemical Reduction of Carbon Dioxide to Transportation Fuels,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 112 (45), E6111-E6118, 2015.
- Ezra L. Clark, Meenesh R. Singh, Youngkook Kwon, and Alexis T. Bell, “Differential Electrochemical Mass Spectrometer Cell Design for Online Quantification of the Products Produced during Electrochemical Reduction of CO2,” Analytical Chemistry, 87 (15), 8013-8020, 2015.
- Christopher M. Evans, Meenesh R. Singh, Nathaniel A. Lynd, and Rachel A. Segalman, “Improving the Gas Barrier Properties of Nafion via Thermal Annealing: Evidence for Diffusion through Hydrophilic Channels and Matrix,” Macromolecules, 48 (10), 3303-3309, 2015.
- Meenesh R. Singh, Kimberly Papadantonakis, Chengxiang Xiang, and Nathan S. Lewis, “An Electrochemical Engineering Assessment of the Operational Conditions and Constraints for Solar-Driven Water-Splitting Systems at Near-Neutral pH,” Energy & Environmental Science, 8, 2760-2767, 2015.
- Meenesh R. Singh, Ezra L. Clark, and Alexis T. Bell, “Effects of Electrolyte, Catalyst, and Membrane Composition and Operating Conditions on the Performance of Solar-Driven Electrochemical Reduction of Carbon Dioxide,” Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, 17, 18924-18936, 2015 (Cover Page)
- Meenesh R. Singh, Nandkishor Nere, Hsien-Hsin Tung, Samrat Mukherjee, Shailendra Bordawekar, and Doraiswami Ramkrishna, “Measurement of Polar Plots of Crystal Dissolution Rates using Hot-Stage Microscopy. Some Further Insights into Dissolution Morphologies,” Crystal Growth & Design, 14 (11), 5647 – 5661, 2014.
- Doraiswami Ramkrishna and Meenesh R. Singh, “Population Balance Modeling. Current Status and Future Prospects,” Annual Review of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, 5 (1), 123-146, 2014. (Invited Review)
- Meenesh R. Singh and Doraiswami Ramkrishna, “Dispersions in Crystal Nucleation and Growth Rates: Implications of Fluctuation in Supersaturation,” Chemical Engineering Science, 107 (7), 102-113, 2014.
- Jian Jin, Karl Walczak, Meenesh R. Singh, Chris Karp, Nathan S. Lewis, and Chengxiang Xiang, “Experimental and Modeling/Simulation Evaluation of the Efficiency and Operational Performance of an Integrated, Membrane-Free, neutral pH solar-Driven Water-Splitting System,” Energy & Environmental Science, 7 (10), 3371-3380, 2014.
- Meenesh R. Singh, John C. Stevens, and Adam Z. Weber, “Design of Membrane-Encapsulated Wireless Photoelectrochemical Cells for Hydrogen Production”, Journal of The Electrochemical Society, 161 (8), E3283-E3296, 2014.
- Meenesh R. Singh and Doraiswami Ramkrishna, “A Comprehensive Approach to Predicting Crystal Morphology Distributions with Population Balances,” Crystal Growth & Design, 13 (4), 1397 – 1411, 2013.
- Meenesh R. Singh, Parul Verma, Hsien-Hsin Tung, Shailendra Bordawekar and Doraiswami Ramkrishna, “Screening Crystal Morphologies from Crystal Structure,” Crystal Growth & Design, 13 (4), 1390-1396, 2013.
- Meenesh R. Singh, Jayanta Chakraborty, Nandkishor Nere, Hsien-Hsin Tung, Shailendra Bordawekar and Doraiswami Ramkrishna, “Image-Analysis-Based Method for Measurement of 3D Crystal Morphology and Polymorph Identification using Confocal Microscopy,” Crystal Growth & Design, 12 (7), 3735-3748, 2012
- Jayanta Chakraborty, Meenesh R. Singh, Doraiswami Ramkrishna, Christian Borchert and Kai Sundmacher, “Modeling of Crystal Morphology Distributions. Towards Crystals With Preferred Asymmetry,” Chemical Engineering Science (Pharmaceutical Engineering Science- A Key for Tomorrow’s Drugs), 65 (21), 5676-5686, 2010.
- Meenesh R. Singh, Sandip Roy and Jayesh R. Bellare, “Influence of Cryogenic Grinding on Release of Protein and DNA from Saccharomyces cerevisiae,” International Journal of Food Engineering, 5 (1), 9, 2009.